when is the next open studio?
Currently our open studio is : Saturday, and Sunday from 1pm-5pm.
Our hours change from time to time based on special events and travel. We post last minute changes to our facebook and instagram accounts (because those are the easiest to update remotely).facebook instagram
What can you do at open studio?
here’s a partial list to start:
- paint your own pottery
- hand building with clay
- use potter’s wheels for throwing (if you need instruction, please schedule it here)
- paint and decorate a wooden dinosaur, frame, box, birdhouse, or animal
- create designs with perler/melty beads
- paint a canvas
- do mixed media art
- hand or machine sew
- make or stamp a greeting card
- build a terrarium
- make jewelry
Ever wish you had someplace to go to do all your craftiness and arty stuff? Need space to create without taking over your dining room table or bedroom? D.I.Y. takes space! If you’re an artist or a crafter you will love Little House, Big Art’s open studio. You can work on any project you like and while there will be no formal instruction during this time, we are always on hand to help you out with questions and provide tips if you’d like them.
We will also have a number of open studio type events including: date night for parents, girls night: crafting & cocktails, and more.
- wire & threads
- pliers and tools
for general awesome craftyness
- craft reference books
- work surfaces
- cutting tools
- hot glue guns
- pottery to paint
- wood shapes
- glass jars
- markers, crayons, colored pencils
- tools like wood burners, punches, and more
- sewing machines
- cutting mats
- rotary cutters
- quilting rulers and templates
- buttons, sequins, scarp fabric, embroidery floss, etc
- clay (red and white)
- pottery wheels (variable speed electric with manual kick option)
- regular and specialty glazes